CONSTRUCTION FOUNDATION OF BC (2012) SOCIETY
(the “Foundation”, “We”, “Our”, and “Us”)
2. Personal Information. We expect to collect Personal Information from both minors and their parents and guardians, young adults, as well as personnel employed by prospective employers of minors or young adults. Such collection of Personal Information will only occur to the extent reasonably required in relation to our provision of the Service.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address, and e-mail address or any other information that can be used to identify an, or about an identifiable, individual. It excludes business contact information.
Personal Information is collected by Us when you provide it to Us, such as if you choose to register with Us to use our Construction-Ready App™ online software application (the “Service”) and provide details about yourself, including, (i) if you are a parent or guardian of a minor, your name, birth date to validate age, the name of your minor for whom you are parent or guardian, mailing address, telephone number, and email address; (ii) if you are a minor or young adult, your name, mailing address, telephone number, birth date to validate age, education, training, and email address; and (iii) if you are employed by a prospective employer interested in hiring a minor or young adult, your name, name of your employer, address of your employer, work telephone number, and email address.
3. Collection, Use and Storage of Personal Information. The Foundation collects and uses Personal Information if and when you register with Us, enabling you to use Our Service. The Foundation collects and uses your Personal Information for the purpose of providing you with the benefit of the use of our web site and Service. The Foundation may collect certain information regarding your use of our web site and Service, such as the name of the internet service provider and the Internet Protocol address through which you access the Internet; the time you access Our web site or the Service; and the pages that are accessed at Our web site.
The Foundation uses this information to support the Service and, in accordance with any communications preferences indicated by you, to send you communications regarding Us and the Service.
We also collect Personal Information from users who are using the Service and choose to provide such information to Us, and such Personal Information will be stored on Our computers or the computers of Our licensor service providers. This Personal Information may, if a minor or young adult so chooses, be made available to prospective employers. We will not provide such Personal Information to anyone unilaterally.
If required for compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or request, We may then terminate access to, or use of, any area of our web site where information is posted or submitted, or may disclose any information related to your access to and use of Our web site and the Service or the substance of any of your posted or submitted information as deemed necessary for any such compliance.
The Foundation may, in its sole and absolute discretion, monitor or review your access to and use of our web site and Service at any time. Subject to the foregoing, in the normal course, the Foundation will not access, review or monitor any data, information, communication or content which you may generate, upload, transmit, copy, control, or otherwise make available at or arising from any use of our Service (collectively, the “Content”), except as follows:
(a) as permitted under the terms of the Terms of Service which you agreed to comply with as a condition of using our Service, or
(b) as necessary to maintain or provide our web site and the Service, including without limitation (i) to respond to service requests; (ii) to restore the applicable Content at your request in the event of a service interruption; (iii) to conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process as deemed necessary or advisable by the Foundation in good faith; (iv) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (v) to enforce the terms of the Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof.
We will, for retention requirements, retain Personal Information for a specific amount of time after you cease to use the Service. In general, the Foundation expects to retain Personal Information for a period not longer than seven years, in secure storage.
4. Non-Personal Information. The Foundation also collects non-personally identifiable information about you in a number of ways, including tracking your activities through your IP address or computer settings. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personally identifiable information for any purpose.
We may collect information such as your age, level of education, volunteer or employment history, occupation or preferred occupation, languages spoken, area code, unique device identifier, and location so that We can better understand the behavior of our users and improve the Service. If We combine non-personally identifiable information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information for so long as it remains combined.
5. Release of Personal Information. Unless you specifically authorize the Foundation to release your Personal Information, or release is required or permitted by law, the Foundation will not sell, lease, or trade your Personal Information to other third parties. Personal Information collected by the Foundation is processed and stored in Canada
Anonymous or “non-personal” information gathered by the Foundation through your use of Our software, web site, or our Service may be used for technical, research and analytical purposes. Information collected through surveys may be used by the Foundation to analyze our services, target market and to develop or enhance our services.
6. Informed Consent. The Foundation will only ask for Personal Information about you that the Foundation needs and will only ask for it when it is needed. When the Foundation asks you for the information, the Foundation will explain to you why such information is needed and what the Foundation is going to do with it. The Foundation will seek your prior consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the information as required by applicable privacy legislation.
8. Accuracy. If you have questions about the accuracy of factual information about you, you will have access to that information in order to verify and update it.
9. Security. Our web site has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, the Foundation will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your Personal Information.
10. Links to Other Web Sites. Our web site contains links to other web sites. the Foundation is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other web sites and expressly disclaims all liability associated with your use of and the content of such other sites.
12. Withdrawing Consent. Except as required by law, the Foundation will not use or disclose your Personal Information for any purpose for which you refuse us consent or later withdraw your consent. If you withdraw consent, you agree that in spite of this withdrawal We may continue to use the Personal Information previously provided to Us to the extent that We are contractually obligated to do so and to the extent necessary to enforce any contractual obligations you may have to the Foundation. You also understand that although you can use the Service, for the intended purposes, Personal Information has to be provided by you. If you refuse to provide Us with the information required or later withdraw your consent to use and disclose this information, the Service is unlikely to be of benefit to you.
Last updated: December 20, 2016